Google Play’s Indie Games Accelerator will support startups including from Pakistan. The search engine giant, Google has launched an Indie Games Accelerator in Asia, focused on helping local game developers from these markets achieve their full potential and make the most of this opportunity.
The Indie Games Accelerator will support startups from India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
About the program:
The accelerator curriculum consists of mentorship, training workshops and clinics, and networking sessions. Startups will have an opportunity to work with mentors from Google and the gaming industry, focusing on these core areas:
- Game Development: Design best practices, Google Platforms (Android Studio, AR Core, Firebase, Google Cloud, Instand Games), Unity
- Business Development: Google Play Console, YouTube Gaming, User Acquisition best practices, Monetization models and more
- People and Team Culture Development: Hiring the right people, building company culture and leadership development.
Reward of Indie Games Accelerator Program:
Startups selected for the Indie Games Accelerator program will receive:
- Invitation to attend 2 all-expense-paid* gaming bootcamps at Google Asia HQ in Singapore
- Personalized mentorship from top experts from Google and the gaming industry
- Opportunity to be showcased on Google Play
- 1 Google Pixel phone for product testing
- US$ 20,000 in Google Cloud Platform and Firebase credits**, with training and support
- Invitation to attend Google Playtime 2018 in Singapore. Playtime is an invitation-only event for top apps and games developers on Google Play
- Delegate pass to Google I/O 2019***
- Invitation to a Unity “Unite” event of your choice in SEA or India
NOTE: Google will take care of expenses for air travel, hotel during the stay. Valid for 12 months. Only available in Google Cloud Territories and to developers that have not received credits previously. Google will only provide the delegate pass. Cost of travel to be borne by developer.
Eligibility Criteria for Google Play’s Indie Games Accelerator Program:
You should be more than 18 years old and must have an game under development to apply. You can likewise incorporate your past games in the application form.
Additionally, candidates should present a playable demo of their most recent under development game or their latest game on Google Play.
Google will report the developers of games chose for the program on August 8th. Once chose, you should have 2 noteworthy executives accessible to go to the two projects in Singapore.
You should simply submit and present this application shape to apply for the program.
- 31 July – Form submission deadline
- 8 August – Announcement of 1st batch
- 24 – 28 September – Program bootcamp 1 (Singapore)
- 27-29 November – Graduation bootcamp (Singapore)
To find out more about Google Play’s Indie Games Accelerator Program, Click Here