The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) invites individuals and teams to design a logo for its Management of the Dead in Emergencies (MotD) program. Red Cross Logo Competition Participate to Win 1 Lac Cash Prize Money.
MANAGEMENT OF THE DEAD IN EMERGENCIES (MotD):
The ICRC in Pakistan has been promoting the proper and dignified management of the dead in emergency situations, such as disasters and other situations of violence, since 2010. The objectives of the program includethe following: .
- To ensure the dead are handled with dignity, managed properly to restore their identities when needed and returned to their relatives and their societies following religious and cultural sensitivities
- To impart best practices in various aspects related to the recovery, transportation, storage, examination, identification and repatriation of the dead as a result of an emergency situation
- To learn accurate documentation, evidence collection procedures, data management and reconciliation platforms
- To ensure that the needs of bereaved families are appropriately addressed including the sensitive collection of information about their loved ones, psycho social support and immediate relief
- To promote national and international best practices in managing the dead through development of policy and standard operating procedures, best practices based on experience sharing and lessons learned, special topic round tables and training courses with relevant stakeholders
- To organize training for stakeholders in a multidisciplinary course environment with a combination of presentations, demonstrations, role play, table-top and field exercises
To understand more about the theme, our manual on “Management of Dead tor: Bodies after Disasters: A Field Manual for First Responders-Second Edition” can be downloaded from shop.icrc.org
Red Cross Logo Competition |Submission Guidelines
ALL CREATIVE MINDS CAN PARTICIPATE!
Professional designers, students, artists and those having an interest in the field are particularly encouraged to participate.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE AUGUST 15, 2017
- The competition is limited to Pakistani residents only.
- All entries must be sent via email to [email protected] along with explanation of the thought process behind the design.
- The subject of the email shall be “Logo Development Competition: MotD”.
- The participants can either participate individually or as a team. Each individual participant or a team can propose up to three different options for logo
Prizes for Winners:
The winner, individual or a team, will receive an appreciation certificate and a prize money of PKR 100,000.
The decision of the ICRC will be final in this regard. The ICRC has the right to suspend the competition or re-announce it anytime without giving any reason. an All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design. Plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification. an All Entries will become the sole property of the ICRC and may be displayed publicly on the ICRC websites, publications and other promotional material etc. an The winning entry will be registered by the ICRC as a Service Mark and the entrant agrees to transfer all legal rights and title of the entry to the ICRC in accordance with the official rules of this competition.
Any Query For Red Cross logo competition:
ICRC International Committee of the Red Cross House 12, Street 83, G-6/4, Islamabad.
To find out more, please like our Facebook Page :
[otw_shortcode_button href=”www.facebook.com/ICRCpk” size=”large” icon_type=”social foundicon-facebook” icon_position=”right” shape=”round” target=”_blank”]Facebook Page[/otw_shortcode_button]